Mental Toughness in Chess de Werner Scheitzer
"Your performance at the board does not only depend on your pure chess skills. Being a winner also requires a mindset that is able to cope with lots of stress and setbacks during hours of uninterrupted concentration.
Just like technical chess skills, mental toughness can be trained. There are simple steps you can take that will help you to better realize your potential. Professional mental coach and chess player Werner Schweitzer has been working with chess teams and individual players for many years.
In this book Schweitzer presents practical tips and tools that will help you to improve your mental power during a game. You will learn how to:
- increase your concentration and stamina
- recognize your own strengths and weaknesses
- cope with losses as well as victories
- increase your self-discipline when studying
- handle disturbing thoughts and feelings during a game
- boost your self-confidence
- avoid underestimating (and overestimating!) your opponent
- make better decisions while under pressure
and other mental skills.
These lessons and simple mental workouts will help players of all levels to unlock the full power of their brain and win more games."
Mental Toughness in Chess. Practical Tips to Strenghten your Mindset at the Board
Traduction de Bob Sherwood
New in Chess
Voici d'autres articles susceptibles de vous intéresser